4805 Dorset Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
- Bedrooms 4
- Bathrooms 4
- Square Footage 5,200
- Year Built 1900
- Date Listed 05/21/2020
- Price Per Sqft $453.12
One of the most significant historic homes in the Town of Somerset. Built by Somerset's first Mayor in 1893, this distinctive residence has been lovingly restored and thoughtfully expanded over the years. There are extraordinarily high ceilings, exquisite architectural details, custom mill work, walls of windows with stunning views, heart pine floors, and state of the art modern amenities. The welcoming front porch and antique double door are gateways to the impressive foyer with its grand staircase. This remarkable home boasts a formal light filled living room with fireplace, library with custom built-ins and bay window, gorgeous renovated kitchen with an island and butler's pantry, sun-drenched breakfast room with skylight and a comfortable family room with media wall and French doors to the deck and sports court. The huge well appointed home office with its built-in desk area and serene views completes the main level. The second level offers a sensational master suite with a luxurious bath, walls of closets, sitting/exercise room with vaulted ceilings and screened porch with treetop views. There are two additional bedrooms, hall bath and a spiral staircase to the third level retreat with a bedroom, sitting area and full bath. There is a playroom and large storage room on the lower level. The private lushly landscaped garden is the perfect setting for entertaining or play. The Town of Somerset offers a community swimming pool, tennis courts, batting cage, and basketball hoops. It is a short walk to both Metro and the Crescent Trail. This is truly a once in a generation opportunity.
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Storage, Sitting Room, Foyer, Office, Library, Breakfast Room
- Master Bathroom
- Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Square FootageAbove / Below (approx)
- 4,800 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. 400 Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Cook Top Range, Microwave, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat, Electric Heating. Radiators, Forced Air, Zone.
- Partial, Partially Finished
- 1. Mantle, Marble, Fireplace.
- Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Recessed Lights, Skylight, Wainscoting, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Parking Spaces. Driveway.
4805 Dorset Avenue in Chevy Chase, MD has a WalkScore of . This property was listed 6 days ago
Ask a Question
Nearby homes for sale
FOR SALE - $2,175,000 4 beds, 4 baths, 5,200 sqft Single Family located at 4805 Dorset Avenue, Chevy Chase, MD built in 1900. Realty.com has 75 photos.