1453 Shades Crest Rd
Hoover, AL 35226
- Bedrooms 5
- Bathrooms 5
- Year Built 1920
- Date Listed 04/17/2019
- Views 6
This mansion resting atop Shades Mountain is truly unlike any other in the Birmingham area. It is registered on the National Register of Historic Places, the Alabama Register of Landmarks and Heritage and on the Jefferson County Historical Register. The character and charm this house possesses is astounding. With two carriages houses on the lot, the property is begging to be put to good use. Event hosting is easily an option. A house and lot of this magnitude needs to be seen in order to be fully appreciated. There is restoration work to be done, but the benefits far outweigh any notion of doubt. Additionally, this property will qualify for large commercial federal tax credits if turned into an event property. State tax credits will also apply for residential use. Come see this beautiful property! Per appraisal: 3726 SF on main, 3641 SF second floor, 2305 SF third floor and 699 basement for a total 10,371 SF.
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Living Room, Office, Breakfast Room
- Eat-In Kitchen, Island, Butler Pantry
- Bath Description
- Linen Closet, Shared Bath
- Trash Compactor, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Gas Range/Cooktop
- Hardwood, Hardwood and Carpet, Laminate, Carpet
- Window Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Steam. Radiant, Forced Air, Space Heater, Window Unit.
- Full, Partially Finished, Daylight, Basement
- 8. Masonry, Wood-burning.
- Attic Storage, Walk-in Closets, Crown Molding, Smooth Ceiling, French Doors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Circular Driveway, Driveway, Lower Level Parking.
- Balcony, Porch
- Lot View
- Interior Lot, Acreage.
1453 Shades Crest Rd in Hoover, AL has a WalkScore of . This property was listed 60 days ago and has been viewed 6 times.